Startup Weekend Eugene Food
Friday, November 8 - 10, 2019
Friday, November 8 - 10, 2019
Event starts at 6:30 pm
The Barrow (Hummingbird Wholesale Mahonia Building)
120 Shelton McMurphey Blvd
Your FOOD business idea in 54 hours
Why the FOOD theme and what does it mean?
The food ecosystem in Lane County is rich in history and economic impact. As of 2018, we are home to 172 food and beverage manufacturing companies, which employ over 4,000 people, bringing over $185 million dollars in wages to the region. We also support the production of over 250 commodity crops here in the Willamette Valley, giving manufacturers direct access to many of the ingredients they use in their products.
Startups are an important part of a thriving food ecosystem, and this event is a great way to bring together resources and spur innovation... plus, it's fun.
Still wondering what kinds of food business ideas qualify? Solutions can cover the entire value chain, from the farm to the fork. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) the following areas in need of innovation:
- Agriculture / Aquaculture - raising crops, livestock, and seafood.
- Food Access / Consumption - solutions that tackle systemic hunger and help guarantee access to food.
- Food Production / Urban Farming - the preparation of fresh products, manufacture of prepared food products and ingredients.
- Food Waste / Renewal / Sustainability - solutions that reduce waste, preserve or renew resources, and create a more sustainable food sources.
- Monitoring / Hardware / Big Data - optimization using sensors, hardware, or data intelligence for agriculture or other use cases.
- Non-food Processing - extraction of bioenergy and biomaterials from agricultural crops and products.
- Nutrition / Sports / Animal / Supplements - solutions that tackle better nutrition and health.
- Regulation / Certification - food quality, food security, and food safety
- Retail / Food Service - innovative solutions meet grocery, farmers’ markets, restaurants, food trucks, delivery, and other transactions.
- Supply Chain / Distribution - marketing, wholesale and distribution, logistics, transportation, and warehousing
- Other - consumer cooking and food discovery, education, event services, financial services, social, etc.
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Friday November 8th
Saturday November 9th
Sunday November 10th
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Eugene Food team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Eugene is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Sibi has been building companies and supporting entrepreneurs for years. After helping lead Co-lab, a nationally-recognized startup incubator for students, Sibi became a Startup Mentor for Junior Achievement, a global entrepreneurship program for students K - 12.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!