How Will Your Ideas Be Judged At Startup Weekend Evansville?
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
The Startup Weekend Evansville judging criteria is broken up into four sections. Teams are judged according to the following criteria (weighed equally):
- Have they established a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (be it software, hardware, etc.)? *Note: an MVP is the minimal feature set to be able to start collecting data.
- How many iterations of the product have the done throughout the weekend? Successful product execution should be able to show you a roadmap of where they started and how they have collected data to evolve their product. A great SW team should be able to make it through many cycles of data collection throughout the weekend.
- Were they able to demo something functional?
Business Model Validation:
- Can you identify a clear customer segment?
- Can you identify a clear value proposition to that customer?
- How many customers did you talk to in the weekend?
- How have you validated your solution with the customers?
- How will you acquire customers?
- What differentiates your model from competitors?
- What are your users core needs?
- How many users have you engaged with?
- What feedback have you gotten to inspire your user feature set?
- Tell me based off your user insights why your product looks this way?
- Tell me based off your user insights why your product feels this way?
- Who is your team made up of?
- Why can this team take your idea to the next level?
- What has your team done this weekend to show you can go above and beyond all other startups to become successful?