Startup Weekend: Berkshire Economy
Friday, November 1 - 3, 2019
Friday, November 1 - 3, 2019
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Berkshire Community College
343 Main Street, #1
Turn Your Idea Into a Business in 54 Hours at Startup Weekend
Do you have a problem you'd like to solve? An idea you'd like to pursue? A business you'd like to start?
Bring your vision to life at Startup Weekend: Berkshire Economy!Under the guidance of expert mentors, you will work alongside fellow community members to launch your business idea over the course of Techstars' 54-hour entrepreneurship immersion experience, coming this fall to Great Barrington, Massachusetts.
Startup Weekend: Berkshire Economy is designed for you to bring your innovative idea or business concept to life. Bring your most innovative idea to solve a problem and/or build a business in one of the Berkshire Economy's 5 primary sectors:
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Creative Arts
- Food & Agriculture
- Advanced Manufacturing
What You Get in the Full Weekend Long Experience:
- Learn from the best! Engage with our powerful network of world-class mentors, panelists, and judges throughout the weekend.
- Engage in 54 hours of workshops, coaching, mentoring, panels and business building to fully develop and validate your startup idea.
- Receive valuable advice from expert speakers on how to rapidly start a mission-driven business
- Pitch your idea and have it validated by an expert panel of judges and business leaders
- Work on a team of like-minded individuals and learn how to build a business
- Develop your own professional network with other business-minded individuals and entrepreneurs
- Conduct one-on-one consultations with experienced mentors who will guide you and provide feedback
- Discover how to validate and present your idea
- ATTEND DEMO SUNDAY with our esteemed judges
- What if your idea is not selected? Learn how to work on a startup team to plan and validate a business
- Form new friendships over 7 delicious meals throughout the weekend
- Consume all of the internet and coffee you desire
Who Should Attend:
- Everyone who has an idea to make the world better. No business experience required! (We provide the mentors).
- People of all ages from Teen to Retired.
- Innovators and Disruptors.
- Serial Ideators!
- Anyone who wants to work on a business (No idea or experience needed - just a willingness to work hard).
- Life-long learners.
- Networkers who want to meet like-minded individuals and make new friends.
- There are NO bad ideas.
What do you need to bring?Lots of Energy! And a new idea! Please note that this has to be a new idea, not an existing business.
What will you do in the 54-hour weekend?
Over the course of the weekend, you'll be challenged to create a prototype, or minimum viable product (MVP), that fits the needs of your target customer.
On Friday night you will pitch your own idea and/or listen to others. Participants will vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams for the weekend. The teams will develop and validate selected ideas. Finally, teams will share their progress with the group and judges on DEMO SUNDAY.
Why are we organizing this weekend?
Dedicated to our community, we are long-time residents of the Berkshires with a desire to develop a thriving ecosystem for entrepreneurs. This is a not-for-profit event designed to find the entrepreneurial spirit in all of us.
We aim to attract talented innovators and disruptors from around the Northeast and establish the Berkshires as a regional center for social and environmental innovation.
Do you have an idea that would be great for individuals, the community, or the environment? If so, this is the place to find a team, create a prototype, validate your idea, and receive feedback from experienced startup mentors.
Startup Weekend's Partners:
See what the NY Times says about the Berkshires.
Still not sure about the weekend-long experience?Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired, click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Friday November 1st
Saturday November 2nd
Sunday November 3rd
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend: Berkshire Economy team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Great Barrington, MA is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!