Techstars Startup Weekend Long Island
Friday, November 17 - 19, 2017
Friday, November 17 - 19, 2017
Event starts at 6:00 pm
315 Main Street
Build a Business in Just a Weekend!
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- join or build an all-star team
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome technical professionals
- All-star judges panel lead by startup leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 50 awesome new friends!
- Scholarships Available! Can't afford a ticket? Apply here for a scholarship.
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Come join us for a very special weekend!
Contact us with any questions or requests at info@StartupWeekendLI.com.
Friday November 17th
Saturday November 18th
Sunday November 19th
Coaches and Mentors
Because he has played many different leadership roles, from Chairman and CEO to CFO/CAO, and has grown companies from the ground up, he understands the critical importance of managing the variety of constituents that are involved, either directly or indirectly, in a company’s path to success.
Before attending HBS, he worked at Microsoft, first as a software developer on Microsoft Mediaroom, then as a program manager for Microsoft App-V. He has a lot experience working on large, interdisciplinary teams, delivering great software for both consumers and large enterprises. He has had to work very closely with customers to understand and respond to their needs, and stay abreast of changes in rapidly moving fields
In his current role as CEO of eGifter, Tyler has resumed his growth-oriented leadership style of orchestrating idea-flow into actionable plans. Self-employed his entire career, Tyler thrives on competition and drives hard, enjoying every minute of the game. A Long Island native, Tyler has always made community a priority. Tyler is a founder and Vice-Chairman of the Long Island Software and Technology Network (LISTnet), and also a founder of LaunchPad Huntington.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Techstars Startup Weekend Long Island team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Food & Beverage Sponsors
Health & Wellness Sponsors
Techstars Startup Weekend Huntington, NY is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!