Startup Weekend LI: Veterans Edition
Friday, November 15 - 17, 2019
Friday, November 15 - 17, 2019
Event starts at 6:30 pm
315 Main Street
In 54 hours, you'll learn exactly how to start a startup
Would you trade one weekend of watching football and eating nachos to learn the skills for launching a business so big that VC's are fighting to invest?
Making an impact on veterans...This year, we're partnering with Patriot Bootcamp to help advance military
members, veterans and military spouses in their mission to become
creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
...but not only for veterans.
Who Should Attend:
- Everyone who has an idea to make the world better - No business experience required!
- Military members, veterans and military spouses
- People of all ages from teens to retired folks.
- Innovators and Disruptors.
- Serial Ideators!
- Anyone who wants to work on a business (No idea or experience needed - just a willingness to work hard).
- Life-long learners.
- Networkers who want to meet like-minded individuals and make new friends
Get off the couch and learn the skills, strategies, and tools you need to bring your dream business to life.
What You Get in the Full Weekend Long Experience...
- Learn from the best! Engage with our powerful network of world-class mentors, panelists, and judges throughout the weekend.
in 54 hours of workshops, coaching, mentoring, panels and business
building to fully develop and validate your startup idea.
- Receive valuable advice from expert speakers on how to rapidly start a mission-driven business
- Pitch your idea and have it validated by an expert panel of judges and business leaders
- Work on a team of like-minded individuals and learn how to build a business
- Develop your own professional network with other business-minded individuals and entrepreneurs
- Conduct one-on-one consultations with experienced mentors who will guide you and provide feedback
- Discover how to validate and present your idea
- Attend demo Sunday with our esteemed judges
- What if your idea is not selected? Learn how to work on a startup team to plan and validate a business
- Form new friendships over 7 delicious meals throughout the weekend
- Consume all of the internet and coffee you desire
The Startup Weekend Schedule
While it's not required that you pitch an idea on Friday night, it's highly encouraged. Half the fun of Startup Weekend is getting out of your comfort zone and doing something that makes you a little bit nervous. Also, while you can come with friends, you’ll have the best experience if you participate in separate teams and on different ideas.
There's only one rule - Your idea can't be something that you're currently working on.
Space is limited.
What are you waiting for? Sign up now.
Friday November 15th
Saturday November 16th
Sunday November 17th
Coaches and Mentors
COO at Inscope Medical Solutions
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend LI: Veterans Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Huntington, NY is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!