Startup Weekend Las Cruces
Friday, October 24 - 26, 2014
Friday, October 24 - 26, 2014
Event starts at 5:30 pm
4605 Research Park Circle
No Talk, All Action. Launch a Startup in 54 hours.
Why attend Startup Weekend Las Cruces?Call us biased, but we think that there are dozens of reasons why you should come to our Startup Weekend! Since we know your time is valuable, we’ll only list the top seven:
- Startup Weekends are all about learning through the act of creating. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- This isn’t just a happy-hour. Startup Weekend attracts your community’s best makers and do-ers. By spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems, you will build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with a job or even an investor.
- We all know it’s not just about the idea – it’s about the team. Startup Weekend is hands down the best way to find someone you can actually launch a startup with.
- Step outside of your comfort zone. With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or just try something different.Over 36% of Startup Weekend startups are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup after the weekend.
- Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges. Get some one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community.
- Startup Weekends typically cost between $75 and $150 (less for students). Your ticket covers seven meals, snack, access to exclusive resources from our sponsors, and of course, all the coffee you can drink.
- Join over 45,000 Startup Weekend alumni, all on a mission to change the world.
Friday October 24th
Saturday October 25th
Sunday October 26th
Travis builds and scales organizations in the New Economy. He is an advisor to the fast-growing Descartes Labs and an assortment of early-stage startups. His writing and futurism calls on a decade of experience as a tech founder and executive to create adaptive philosophy and strategy. Past and present industries include payments, geospatial and sensor data platforms, travel, and AI. Roles in operations, business development, and tech evangelism have involved him in new product and category launches, Fortune 100 partnership deals, and executing 4000% annual revenue growth. Before technology, he crafted inclusive policy as a political operative. His roles included campaign management at the local and state level, active representation of national candidates, and service as a liaison between the New Mexico House and Senate.
Coaches and Mentors
Educating tomorrow's leaders in engineering and product development.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Las Cruces team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Las Cruces is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here