Startup Weekend Long Island
Friday, April 21 - 23, 2017
Friday, April 21 - 23, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
1000 Fulton Avenue
Build a Business in Just a Weekend!
Friday and Saturday are going to be on the 10th floor and Sunday is at the IdeaHUb on the 2nd floor.
Please park by the student center on the north side of campus, walk through the student center, and then cross over the unispan. The library will be on your right. Take the elevator to the 10th (or 2nd) floor. You can see the campus map here.
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- join or build an all-star team
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome technical professionals
- All-star judges panel lead by startup leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 50 awesome new friends!
- Scholarships Available! Can't afford a ticket? Apply here for a scholarship.
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Come join us for a very special weekend!
Friday April 21st
Saturday April 22nd
Sunday April 23rd
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Long Island team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend New York City is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!