Startup Weekend NYC Blockchain Edition
Friday, October 20 - 22, 2017
Friday, October 20 - 22, 2017
Event starts at 6:15 pm
Barclays' Rise New York
43 West 23rd St.
Learn how to take blockchain ideas from concept to creation in one weekend!
We are very excited to have a full house next month for this great learning opportunity!
Startup Weekend Blockchain Edition, sponsored by IBM!
All of the awesomeness of Startup Weekend combined with all the mystery and possibility of Blockchain Technology! Let's do this!
According to Blockchain Revolution author, Don Tapscott, "blockchain technology – a truly open, distributed, global platform – will fundamentally change what we can achieve online, how we do it, and who can participate."
Check out his TED Talk on How the Blockchain is Changing Money and Business.
Harvard Business Review Article: The Blockchain Will Do to the Financial System What the Internet Did to Media
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in NYC,
- join or build an all-star team,
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job, or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.),
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills,
- passionate visionaries, and
- many more!
What's the twist?
Blockchain edition means we will be focusing on ideas that utilize the power and potential of blockchain technology and design to solve problems. Blockchain technology gives us an opportunity to re-imagine how we move, transact, share, and track goods and services. Some argue that blockchain technology is like the next internet. That is, the internet was the enabler and delivery mechanism for some of the greatest ideas of the last 2 decades. Blockchain can do the same for the next couple of decades and this is our chance to be the first ones to embrace and build on it. Don't miss this opportunity to get in on a new pioneering technology, early in the game!
Whether you are interested in the blockchain or not, the ultimate objective of the event is to empower you with a powerful process for taking any idea, blockchain-related or not, from concept to creation!
Your full-price ticket includes:
- Access to the full, weekend-long, event (Friday 6pm-Sunday 10pm)
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the blockchain world and the tech startup community
- 7 meals plus coffee throughout the weekend
- 2 workshops on understanding blockchain
- 1 Pitch Design (Story Telling) workshop, presented by The Pitch Doctor
- 1 awesome Startup Weekend t-shirt
- Free copy of Darin Eich's, Innovation: Step-by-Step
- Collaboration with awesome blockchain professionals from throughout NYC
- All-star judge's panel led by tech, startup, and blockchain leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- Over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join Startup Weekend and IBM for a very special weekend!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at email@example.com.
Friday October 20th
Saturday October 21st
Sunday October 22nd
Coaches and Mentors
Program Manager @ Urban Future Lab
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend NYC Blockchain Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend New York City is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!