Startup Weekend EDU New York
Friday, June 9 - 11, 2017
Friday, June 9 - 11, 2017
Event starts at 5:30 pm
Hostos Community College - Bldg D/Savoy Manor
120 E. 149th St 2nd Floor
Taking ideas from concept to creation!
SCHOLARSHIPS are available for TEACHERS & DESIGNERS - apply here!! The final drawing will be Thursday, June 8!
As the landscape of education continues to evolve, the innovation of tech vastly outpaces it. To this, Startup Weekend Edu seeks to bring together the best and brightest of New York City to Hostos Community College in the Bronx on June 9th - 11th. If you’re interested in education or technology or EdTech overall, this is the perfect event for you! Over 50 hours with students, educators, industry leaders, and technologists coming together to come up with new solutions to problems being faced firsthand by teachers, administrators, and educational leaders.
What is Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to put your idea into action within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to:
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in NYC
- join or build an all-star team
- make meaningful connections and become part of a global community
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or beef up your resume
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event for everyone from high students through professionals, and it's a program that brings all sorts of people together including:
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- and passionate visionaries
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night
- Mentoring by all-stars from the Education and EdTech worlds and the tech startup community
- Meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome Education professionals from throughout NYC
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup and Education leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite alright! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something piques your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Friday June 9th
Saturday June 10th
Sunday June 11th
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend EDU New York team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Hostos Community College is an educational agent for change, transforming and improving the quality of life in the South Bronx and neighboring communities. Hostos serves as a gateway to intellectual growth and socioeconomic mobility, and a point of departure for lifelong learning, success in professional ca
Techstars Startup Weekend New York City is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Her previous careers have spanned teaching 5th grade science to founding an education startup consulting company. She's an expert in community building, design thinking, and education who loves supporting innovators, educators, and young people.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!