Startup Weekend Social Impact New York
Friday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Friday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
315 Hudson Street
Taking ideas that have social impact from concept to creation in a matter of days!
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to put your idea into action within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in NYC
- join or build an all-star team
- make meaningful connections and become part of a global community
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or beef up your resume
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- and passionate visionaries
What's the twist?
Startup Weekend Social Impact edition means you will be focusing on solving problems and creating opportunities for civic engagement, equal opportunity, economic development, environmental responsibility, and access to healthcare and education - but you are not limited to these topics. Whether you have an idea to improve your local community or global ones, the ultimate objective of this event is to empower you - in the words of Mahatma Gandhi - to be the change you wish to see in the world!
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the social impact and startup communities (be sure to check out the full)
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome social innovation professionals from throughout NYC
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup and social innovation leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite alright! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something piques your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday June 23rd
Saturday June 24th
Sunday June 25th
Coaches and Mentors
Program Manager @ Urban Future Lab
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Social Impact New York team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
IBM takes a data-driven approach to corporate responsibility — setting ambitious goals, measuring our progress against those goals, and striving to always do better.
Techstars Startup Weekend New York City is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Developing a process to turn food waste into biofuel tops my list of favorite past projects, but I’m passionate about education too. I recently launched the Change the World Scholarship with a few friends to encourage students to think big and make a difference, and I am honored to help Binghamton University develop and implement new initiatives as well as regularly speak with current and prospective students as a member of their Alumni Leadership Council.
My background is in bioengineering and biotechnology, so when I’m not working you can find me geeking out about science, technology, and startup news or meeting new people at events in NYC.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!