Startup Weekend Sacramento: Folsom Edition
Friday, April 12 - 14, 2019
Friday, April 12 - 14, 2019
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Granite City Coworking
705 Gold Lake Dr
Your idea in 54 hours
Entrepreneurship - take it for a spin
1. The desire to become an entrepreneur—is it more than just a dream?
2. The idea—can you build it into a viable business?
3. The startup lifestyle—can you handle a high growth, low structured environment?
Nobody leaves a Startup Weekend empty handed. You’ll come away with new skills, new connections to motivated people like yourself, and perhaps, a startup business!
Ready? Here are the details.
What is Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of ambitious entrepreneurial minds of various skill sets who are looking to practice and learn the basics of founding and launching a startup venture successfully. It is a unique opportunity to get your startup off the ground, risk free.
How does it work?
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model:
- Pitch your startup idea and receive feedback from your peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote).
- Then, it’s a 54-hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
- The last part of the weekend is the most intense—teams present their ideas to a panel of judges and after a palm sweating Q & A, the judges pick the top 3 startups (did we mention, the winners get prizes to help launch their startup?).
Who should participate?
We welcome anyone and everyone who has a passion for.. well.. anything! This event is open to anyone who wants to hone their skills in business planning, developing, marketing and design.
What's included in your ticket?
- Access to the event
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world
- All the internet and coffee you can consume
- Memories that will last a lifetime!
Do I need to come with an idea?
You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea must be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Get your ticket for Startup Weekend Sacramento: Folsom Edition!
Still aren’t sure if Startup Weekend is for you? Ask us anything at email@example.com
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Latest Blog Updates
Friday April 12th
Saturday April 13th
Sunday April 14th
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Sacramento: Folsom Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Sacramento is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here