Startup Weekend Sacramento
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Impact Venture Capital
801 K St.
Entrepreneurship—take it for a spin
1. The desire to become an entrepreneur—is it more than just a dream?
2. The idea—can you build it into a viable business?
3. The startup lifestyle—can you handle a high growth, low structured environment?
Nobody leaves a Startup Weekend empty handed, even if you don’t win. You’ll come away with new skills, new connections to motivated people like yourself, and perhaps, a startup business!
Ready? Here are the details.
What is Startup Weekend?Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of ambitious entrepreneurial minds of various skill sets who are looking to practice and learn the basics of founding and launching a startup venture successfully. It is a unique opportunity to get your startup off the ground, risk free.
How does it work?All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model:
- Pitch your startup idea and receive feedback from your peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote).
- Then, it’s a 54-hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
- The last part of the weekend is the most intense—teams present their ideas to a panel of judges and after a palm sweating Q & A, the judges pick the top 3 startups (did we mention, the winners get prizes to help launch their startup?).
Who should participate?We welcome anyone and everyone who has a passion for.. well.. anything! This event is open to anyone who wants to hone their skills in business planning, developing, marketing and design.
Your Ticket gets You:
- Access to the event
- Mentorship from amazing entrepreneurs and business professionals in the Sacramento region
- Amazing high-profile speakers and judges
- Networking with awesome Sacramento entrepreneurs
- Work with awesome professionals
- Plenty of food fuel to keep you energized for 54 intense hours
- Free .co website domain
- Membership @ Startup Weekend Community (200K alumni) #SWSac
- 100 new awesome Facebook friends and thousands of tweets
Do I need to come with an idea?If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. We do ask, however, that you don’t have a fully-formed business already, e.g. a complete business plan, a website, etc. If you don't have an idea, that's quite alright! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest—you will be surprised how much value you can add to the idea and team. The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other.
Get your ticket for Startup Weekend Sacramento!
Still aren’t sure if Startup Weekend is for you? Ask us anything at firstname.lastname@example.org
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday November 11th
Saturday November 12th
Sunday November 13th
Coaches and Mentors
Associate Director, New Venture Resources University of California, Davis, Venture Catalyst
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Sacramento team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Sacramento is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here