EuroSeattle Startup Weekend
Friday, February 10 - 12, 2017
Friday, February 10 - 12, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Amazon - Arizona (SEA29)
207 Boren Avenue North
Don't Stop Believin' ! - 4th edition of EuroSeattle Startup Weekend !
- Friday night:60-second pitches that result in the formation of small teams around the best, most viable concepts. We hope you’ll pitch, but definitely not required!
- Saturday and Sunday: Work days! Teams focus on user research, customer development, validating their ideas and building prototypes with the help of experienced coaches from the entrepreneurial world. You’re welcome to stay and work as long as the venue will allow!
- Sunday afternoon: Teams demo their products and receive valuable feedback from a panel of expert judges. Winning teams take home a grab bag of great tools to help launch their company!
- Delicious & healthy European food : breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole weekend
- A free .co domain name
- Event t-shirt
- Awesome coaching by startup industry leaders
- A network of 120 new developer, designer & entrepreneur friends that are also excited about improving education
The winning teams will get fantastic prizes to help them mature their projects:
- 3 free shared desk spaces for the 3 winning teams: 3 months, 2 months and 1 month. Offered by extraSlice
- Digital Media consulting for the 3 winning teams: 20 hours, 10 hours and 5 hours. Offered by ESPRESSO
- One month of a 10 Flex Day Membership. Offered by Hing Hay Coworks
- One-on-one 1 hour meeting for the winning team with Chris DeVore, manager director of Techstar Seattle
Friday February 10th
Saturday February 11th
Sunday February 12th
When he is not spending time outdoors with his kids, either skiing or biking, he loves to be on solo adventure motorcycle rides, scuba diving and dreams of racing in the Paris-Dakar rally.
Coaches and Mentors
I still continue to do that …
Driven by technology, my environment has changed, the way I think and do things have changed. Still I continue to be attracted by the challenges presented by chaos and inefficiencies and fully enjoy being a problem solver.
Alex grew up in Austria and moved to the USA four years ago. He enjoys living in Seattle and loves to explore the Washington mountains and lakes together with his wife and two kids.
Gregor has been a digital innovator and disruptor for over 25 years. After earning degrees in visual communication and marketing in California he moved to Seattle in 1990, and has been involved in a number of startups, creative and advertising agencies, and digital media firms. His passion and focus is to help brands to rise above the digital noise.
In addition Gregor is a consultant on digital media innovation and adaptive design, software development and usability, and information architecture for companies including Amazon, Adobe Systems, Google and Microsoft. Considered a digital disruption innovator he is also a frequent speaker at industry and digital media events and regularly contributes to leading industry blogs and publications.
Born in Germany, Gregor has lived in Switzerland, Italy, England, Canada and the US. He is married to renowned Japanese photographer and designer Hiroko “Coco” Saita. The couple and their two cats Goma and Pixel live in Pioneer Square and are very active in their neighborhood as well as the Seattle arts community. He plans to continue having way too much fun in the digital world, preferably without killing himself.
Jonathan is a proven retail and eCommerce tech innovator and educator who has been Head of Product Management and Product Development for software and physical goods throughout his career in early stage and enterprise retail companies. Jonathan facilitates strategy around the execution of the value exchanges between Brands, Shoppers, and Developers through building the SHOP community and engaging with the broader retail and blockchain communities.
Jonathan has deep roots with the University of Washington, holding a degree in Business Entrepreneurship and works with students in the UW MBA and Electrical Engineering Programs. Jonathan is also an instructor at the University of Washington for Software Product Management and leading efforts to develop a Blockchain course for the University.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The EuroSeattle Startup Weekend team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Seattle is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Marion is a tech business developer based in Seattle, WA. She manages international expansion of developer programs for Alexa, the voice service powering Amazon's Echo devices. Before joining Amazon about four years ago, Marion coordinated the 2012 Global Startup Battle and managed partner relations for Startup Weekend in Seattle. She holds a Master's in Business Management from EDHEC Business School and an MBA in Technology Commercialization from the University of Alberta. A Startup Weekend veteran, Marion has facilitated 20+ events in France, Canada, the US, Algeria and Morocco.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!