Techstars Startup Weekend Spokane
Friday, November 10 - 12, 2017
Friday, November 10 - 12, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
1411 East Mission Avenue
Start A Business in 54 Hours at Startup Weekend Spokane
- Create a business plan and see your idea come to life.
- Network with like-minded creative and passionate people.
- Learn valuable skills from one on one mentorship with professionals in the region.
- Have a chance to compete in Global Startup Battle, against startups all over the world.
- Pitch your startup idea and receive feedback from your peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote)
- Then, it’s a 54-hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
- The last part of the weekend is the most intense, teams present their ideas to a panel of judges and after a palm sweating Q & A, the judges pick the top 3 startups (did we mention, the winners get prizes to help launch their startup?).
We welcome anyone and everyone who has a passion for.. well.. anything! This event is open to anyone who wants to hone their skills in business planning, developing, marketing and design.
Why should I participate?
Startup Weekends are the ultimate learning and networking opportunity. Participants not only practice valuable entrepreneurial leadership and teamwork abilities, they get to learn helpful business techniques from qualified coaches and compete for a chance to win prizes that will take their startup beyond the weekend.
Meet a co-founder, receive invaluable one on one mentorship, or learn a skill outside your usual 9-to-5. This is a once in a lifetime chance to meet and interact with many successful entrepreneurs some of whom may turn out to be your promoters.
Checkout our amazing video, both of which explain how the weekend works; or, ask us anything at firstname.lastname@example.org!
How far along should I be on my idea in order to pitch at Startup Weekend Spokane?
Your idea doesn't need to be any more than that, an idea, to pitch it on Friday night.
What happens if the idea I pitch doesn't win the Friday night vote?
If your idea isn't one of the 10-12 winners on Friday you may join another team, or if you have significant interest or a pre-formed team, you may continue working on your idea over the weekend and pitch it again on Sunday night.
Can I attend Startup Weekend Spokane if I don't have an idea or team?
Yes, you can attend if you don't have an idea or team. On Friday night ideas will be pitched and you will be able to join the team that interests you most.
Can I attend Startup Weekend Spokane with a team?
Yes, you can attend as a team.
What do I need to bring to Startup Weekend Spokane?
You'll want to bring anything you may need to work on developing a business over the weekend, i.e. your computer, camera and any other tools of your trade.
Still aren’t sure if Startup Weekend is for you?
Ask us anything at Spokane@StartupWeekend.org.
Friday November 10th
Saturday November 11th
Sunday November 12th
Partner & Chair of corporate and IP Transactions Group – Lee & Hayes, PLLC
Spokane City Council President
Owner of Spokane Gymnastics
Director of Regional Entrepreneurial Strategy, North Idaho College
Head of Business Development, Affirm, Inc.
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Techstars Startup Weekend Spokane team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Spokane is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!