Startup Weekend Tahoe
Friday, June 1 - 3, 2018
Friday, June 1 - 3, 2018
Event starts at 5:30 pm
Truckee Community Rec Center
8924 Donner Pass Rd.
Take your business idea from a dream into reality in 54 hours
At Techstars Startup Weekend, you'll move FAST to get your business idea off the ground in just a single weekend. You'll find smart, passionate people and the very best resources to get you started.
- Meet your future teammates, mentors, friends and investors. Techstars Startup Weekend brings together aspiring entrepreneurs and the very best startup leaders and mentors in the community
- Learn tools and practices to build great products and get your first customers. By the end of the weekend, you'll build a prototype, get your first sign-ups, and maybe even earn your first dollar
- Move fast. At Techstars Startup Weekend, you won't be sitting in a classroom. You'll dive right in and learn by doing
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Still have questions, feel free to reach us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
No talk, all action!
Friday June 1st
Saturday June 2nd
Sunday June 3rd
Coaches and Mentors
Nathan is the founder of Allgo Social
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Tahoe team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Tahoe is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Leveraging a background in large-scale marketing analytics initiatives and an intense passion for science and education, JDM has helped dozens of startup achieve product-market fit by focusing on hypothesis testing, measurement, and rapid iteration. He believes creating memorable, delightful user experience is paramount. He also believes creating great products means embracing failure. If one has never had a bad idea, how would she know if it was a good one?
Oh, and JDM only uses his powers for good.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!