Triad Startup Weekend - Winston-Salem
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
525 Vine St.
56 Hours of Startup Frenzy Cohosted by Flywheel and the Center for Design Innovation In the Heart of Wake Forest Innovation Quarter
Friday November 11th
Saturday November 12th
Sunday November 13th
Wake Forest Angell Center for Entrepreneurship (WF-ACE) (1998-Present). Executive Professor and founding director of the Wake Forest University ACE, including it’s Family Business Initiative.
• Affiliate Professor, Bordeaux School of Business (2001-Present) Faculty appointment to teach entrepreneurship.
• Affiliate Professor, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (2003 – Present). Faculty appointment to teach entrepreneurship
• Family Business Initiative (1995-1998). Director of University of South Dakota-School of Business state-wide program designed to improve the success of family businesses through life-long learning, research, consulting, and other out-reach activities.
• University of South Dakota (1997-1998). Appointed to a faculty position as an assistant professor, School of Business, and USD Graduate School.
• Entrepreneur/Family Business Consultants (E-FBC) (1995-Present). Principal of E-FBC that provides interdisciplinary consulting services (strategy, family business issues, facilitation, etc.) to regional and international organizations.
• SBDC (1992-1995). As part of a research assistantship at Texas Tech I presented seminars and provided organizational counseling services.
• McGuffey’s Inc. (1990-1991). Founder and CEO of five-store retail chain dealing in discounted catalogue clothing. Business sold in 1991.
• $10 Shoppe (1986-1990). Founder and CEO of fifteen store one price clothing chain located in Texas.
• The Hollywood, Inc. (1972-1990). CEO of five-store moderate ladies apparel chain.
• Ernst & Young (1969-1972). Management consultant dealing in M&A, system design, and cost studies within health care organizations, utilities, manufacturing firms, and governments.
• Army Test and Evaluation Command (1967-1969). Transportation test officer.
• Texas Instruments (1966-1967). Control administrator for pricing and compliance.
Principal, wordsmith, IA/UX & strategist @ honestly.co & hireloft.co | co-founder of letsrework.com
Integrity. Excellence. Collaboration. Commitment. Fun. Curiosity.
You can find me online at davidhorne.me. When not spending time with my family or writing, I play golf. I used to play professionally but ran out of talent or money (or both). If you ever want to tee it up, don't hesitate to drop me a message.
Prior to founding SilkRoad, Platz was the Vice President of product management for divine, inc. where he led the product strategy and direction for divine’s widely recognized and award winning content management and collaboration products. Platz brings a 17-year career in developing Internet products, e-business initiatives and e-commerce solutions with a variety of high-tech start-ups. These include Zentropy (acquired by IPG), where he served as Director of E-Commerce and launched the inaugural e-commerce initiatives of some of the world’s largest brands, Globalist Internet Technologies where he was partner and managed R&D, and InfoBand, an Internet consulting company he founded in 1995.
In 1996, Platz co-founded A List Apart, the highly acclaimed Who’s Who of Internet developers that has grown into one of the largest and most popular independent development Web sites. He also was a fellow founding member of the Web Standards Project, a group formed to push Microsoft and Netscape to adhere to common standards, helping to pave the way for the innovation and possibility that today’s web offers.
Get ready, the IoT revolution is coming to manufacturing and facility management!
Coaches and Mentors
Associate, M&A, Private Equity, Contract & Corporate Matters, Small Businesses, PE Firms and Corporations
Strategic digital marketer, embracing technology and new media as powerful communication tools. Innovative leader with over 15 years of team building experience. Leveraging high-impact, measurable social media and internet marketing solutions. Specialties: Marketing, Social Media, Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Training, Public Speaking, Logo Design, Living Gluten Free, Blogging, Facebook Marketing.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Triad Startup Weekend - Winston-Salem team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Triad is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!