Global Startup Weekend DC
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
WeWork Dupont Circle
1875 Connecticut Ave NW
Don't miss your chance to learn how to take an idea from concept to creation! Purchase your tickets now!
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in DC,
- join or build an all-star team,
- or take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers,
- passionate visionaries
More than 15,000 entrepreneurs will come together for 200 events held during Global Entrepreneurship Week to celebrate entrepreneurship across the globe. The winners of Global Startup Weekend will be featured globally to help them gain more exposure and build momentum for their startup.
All attendees will also be provided with high quality resources and content exclusive to this event.
Join us for a very special weekend!
For the $99 ticket you get:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Exclusive sponsor products and snacks :)
- Collaboration with awesome professionals from throughout DC
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- And over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Friday November 11th
Saturday November 12th
Sunday November 13th
At Lyft, Kate is the City Marketing Lead. She runs all local marketing efforts in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Vice President, Information Technology
Coaches and Mentors
As the Founder & CEO of InnovatorsBox, she empowers leaders and organizations with creative thinking and innovation for professionals through workshops, games, coaching and consulting. InnovatorsBox has received a number of national awards for being a bold innovative company that is changing the way how professionals learn to be innovative at work and at home.
As a community builder, she is an active contributor to the DC startup community scene by being an Organizer and Facilitator at DC Startup Weekend, President of DMV Startup and Fellow at StartingBloc.
Prior to her entrepreneurship path, she was a nuclear nonproliferation policy expert working in international affairs.
Julia’s passion for supporting women business owners comes from her 20+ years working with small businesses, helping them manage their financial and HR needs. She is focused on building a vibrant community and network of women in business that fosters collaboration and supports the launch and growth of their businesses.
Through her work as the Hera Hub DC founder, she supports organizations focused on entrepreneurship and women in business.
He is also the Founder and Principal of MWC Consulting, a marketing and strategy consulting firm that helps startups and small businesses get off the ground and grow. He loves tech startups and is heavily involved as a founder, advisor, and Facilitator and Organizer of Startup Weekend DC. He's also an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University and was formerly the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for the Washington Capitals / Monumental Sports and Entertainment.
His specialties and interests include entrepreneurship, customer relationship management, online marketing, mobile marketing, social media marketing, branding and advertising, research and analytics, product management, user experience, business development, and more.
Lisa is a Principal on the investment team at NextGen Venture Partners. Before joining NextGen, Lisa worked at Google in strategy and product roles and the ecommerce team at Pepsico. Lisa earned a BS from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Global Startup Weekend DC team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Washington, D.C. is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!