Techstars Startup Weekend D.C., Space
Tuesday, October 22 - 24, 2019
Tuesday, October 22 - 24, 2019
Event starts at 8:30 am
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt Vernon Pl NW
Taking space ideas from concept to creation in a matter of days!
Techstars Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take an idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- Get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- Learn the process of going from concept to creation,
- Meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in DC,
- Join or build an all-star team,
- Or take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Techstars Startup Weekend For?It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- Aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- Developers and other tech-related professionals,
- Designers of all types,
- Non-Technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- Students from universities and even high schools,
- Professionals looking to switch careers,
- Passionate visionaries
What's the Twist?The next Startup Weekend is focusing on SPACE. That means you’ll be joining like-minded designers, techies and business people in creating an organization aimed at commercializing space/expanding the space economy. This is a broad topic that could include everything from fixing orbital debris (space traffic management) to outposts on the moon to asteroid mining. It might be targeting a technology gap, consumer services, or something else entirely. The purpose is up to you. What we provide is a fun, high-energy environment where you can learn through doing, with all the support you’ll need to launch a brand new space-industry enterprise.
This event is co-located with the IAC Conference 21-25 October, 2019.
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full Tuesday - Thursday event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Tuesday morning @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome professionals from throughout DC-Maryland-Virginia
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup and entrepreneurial leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- And over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Sign up for the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics’ FREE e-Membership. Stay informed with news impacting your profession, receive discounts on educational opportunities, and network with aerospace colleagues online—all for free!
Do I need to come with an idea?If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the program. If you don't have an idea, that's quite alright! Come and spend the 3 days, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something piques your interest! The program is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Join us for a very special program in collaboration with AIAA!
Questions? Press inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday October 22nd
Wednesday October 23rd
Thursday October 24th
Coaches and Mentors
I'm Mike and I'm the dad of Maya, husband of Vicky, entrepreneur, marketer, business developer, product guy, podcaster, terrible coder, but awesome power napper.
I'm the Founder and CEO of WinOptix, a platform that helps government contractors win more contracts and grow their business by using data to more accurately predict the probability of winning contracts.
I'm also the CMO of Thorn Technologies, a cloud computing and software development firm in Maryland.
I used to be an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University and was formerly the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing for the Washington Capitals / Monumental Sports and Entertainment.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Techstars Startup Weekend D.C., Space team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
AIAA is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 85 countries, and 95 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense.
Techstars Startup Weekend Washington, D.C. is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
I love the power of data and technology to transform the efficiency and profitability of almost any industry sector.
I am passionate about Startups and how they drive our economy and future. I am committed to supporting, mentoring and doing everything I can to help good startups become growing companies.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!