Startup Weekend West Chester
Friday, June 1 - 3, 2018
Friday, June 1 - 3, 2018
Event starts at 6:00 pm
West Chester University - Business & Public Management Center
50 Sharpless Street
Your idea in 54 hours
Techstars Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in greater Philadelphia region,
- join or build an all-star team,
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job, or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- many more!
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full, weekend-long, event (Friday 6pm-Sunday 10pm)
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- 7 meals plus coffee throughout the weekend
- Collaboration with awesome professionals from throughout greater Philadelphia region
- All-star judge's panel led by tech, startup, and business leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- Over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Still have questions, feel free to reach us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
No talk, all action!
For lodging information visit https://www.wcupa.edu/visitors/lodging.aspx
Latest Blog Updates
Friday June 1st
Saturday June 2nd
Sunday June 3rd
Associate Professor, West Chester University
Real Estate Developer
Executive Director, SCORE Chester & Delaware County
Coaches and Mentors
C.O.O., Lasko Products (retired)
Managing Partner, Enable Health
Director of Digital Marketing
Principle support for life sciences programs in the Technology Commercialization Group
Assistant Dean and Director of Graduate Engineering at Widner University
CEO and Co-Founder
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend West Chester team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend West Chester is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here