Triad Startup Weekend
Friday, November 16 - 18, 2018
Friday, November 16 - 18, 2018
Event starts at 6:30 pm
450 Design Ave
Your idea in 54 hours
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Friday November 16th
Saturday November 17th
Sunday November 18th
Wake Forest Angell Center for Entrepreneurship (WF-ACE) (1998-Present). Executive Professor and founding director of the Wake Forest University ACE, including it’s Family Business Initiative.
• Affiliate Professor, Bordeaux School of Business (2001-Present) Faculty appointment to teach entrepreneurship.
• Affiliate Professor, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (2003 – Present). Faculty appointment to teach entrepreneurship
• Family Business Initiative (1995-1998). Director of University of South Dakota-School of Business state-wide program designed to improve the success of family businesses through life-long learning, research, consulting, and other out-reach activities.
• University of South Dakota (1997-1998). Appointed to a faculty position as an assistant professor, School of Business, and USD Graduate School.
• Entrepreneur/Family Business Consultants (E-FBC) (1995-Present). Principal of E-FBC that provides interdisciplinary consulting services (strategy, family business issues, facilitation, etc.) to regional and international organizations.
• SBDC (1992-1995). As part of a research assistantship at Texas Tech I presented seminars and provided organizational counseling services.
• McGuffey’s Inc. (1990-1991). Founder and CEO of five-store retail chain dealing in discounted catalogue clothing. Business sold in 1991.
• $10 Shoppe (1986-1990). Founder and CEO of fifteen store one price clothing chain located in Texas.
• The Hollywood, Inc. (1972-1990). CEO of five-store moderate ladies apparel chain.
• Ernst & Young (1969-1972). Management consultant dealing in M&A, system design, and cost studies within health care organizations, utilities, manufacturing firms, and governments.
• Army Test and Evaluation Command (1967-1969). Transportation test officer.
• Texas Instruments (1966-1967). Control administrator for pricing and compliance.
Coaches and Mentors
Mary Ann Hauser
CEO / Business and Executive Coach, Serendipity Coaching and Consulting, Inc. dba ActionCOACH
Prior to academia, she worked as the Fund Executive for the Piedmont Angel Network and as CFO/Strategy officer for two privately funded companies. In addition, she has over 20 years of experience in the financial management arena working in finance and treasury roles for manufacturing companies.
NC A&T State University
Co-director, Venture South Piedmont
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Triad Startup Weekend team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Winston Salem is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
He has previously worked in insurance services, AI-powered marketing SAAS, speakers, and MEMS industries fulfilling a wide variety of roles such as product, sales, hardware quality, and software engineering. He graduated from UCSB with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
He supports the local startup community of Santa Barbara by organizing the Lean Startup Circle Meetup and the global startup community through organizing/facilitating Startup Weekends.
Globally he works with organizations like Techstars, Lean Startup Co, TechCrunch, SXSW, and more.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!