Startup Weekend Ho Chi Minh City
Friday, May 13 - 15, 2016
Friday, May 13 - 15, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Silicon Straits Saigon
147 Tôn Dật Tiên
Hồ Chí Minh,
- Can I buy a ticket if I am not a Vietnamese? Yes! Of course! Participants regardless of race, ethnicity and professional are welcome at Startup Weekend Saigon
- Do I have to have an idea? No! Get ready to be inspired. But of course, having an idea in mind would give you advantage in the fire pitch
- Can I use my existing idea, which I have worked before the event? No! Only new ideas (no pre-existing work done) are allowed to be pitched and worked on at Startup Weekend events
- Do I have to have experience? No! Each person brings something valuable to the team. We will be hosting a practice pitch night
- Do I have to have a team? No! If you have a team, great. If not, you can form a team on Friday night
Friday May 13th
Saturday May 14th
Sunday May 15th
Lê Xuân Long has a Bachelor of Arts at Oxford University of Economics and Management Faculty. He had 3 years of work experience in leading management consulting firm McKinsey & Company, serving in Southeast Asia office. Then, he worked in Lazada with various roles and functions including Commercial and Operations: Deputy Chief Commercial Officer & Head of Vendor Performance Management (From June to October 2014):
Head of Operations planning and Performance management (From October 2014 to January 2015)
In January 2015, he was assigned to be CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) of Lazada Vietnam. Experience at different roles helped him to have deeper understanding of Lazada operation as well as consumer insights in Vietnam- a new market for E- Commerce. As the role of Chief Marketing Officer, he desires to bring safe, fast and convenient online shopping experience to Vietnamese consumers, contributing to the development of Vietnam E-commerce market.
Alexandre then joined Lazada in Vietnam as a Chief Commercial Officer where he was in charge of the development of the Marketplace before taking on the role of Chief Executive Officer of Lazada in Vietnam.
Alexandre graduated with a Master Degree from Ecole Polytechnique in France and holds an MBA from INSEAD. He has a passion for motorsports and travelling.
Beside building a great team of product developers at Silicon Straits, he is also working on two B2B Software-as-a-Service products Cognito and Adsbox, as Chief of Customer Development. His focus to build reliable and quality web-based solutions not just for SMEs in Vietnam but for oversea market, especially South East Asia, in CRM and Marketing Automation industry.
Previously, Hai An co-founded TGM Corporation in 2009 - one of the largest Vietnamese training and publishing company. At TGM Corporation, Hai An was in charge of Marketing Dept and has successfully built "Tôi Tài Giỏi! Bạn Cũng Thế" become a dominant brand for life-skills and soft-skills training program in Vietnam.
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Ho Chi Minh City team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Hochiminh City is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!